Registration Information – 2022/2023
Athletes & Volunteers
2022-2023 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
ATHLETES & VOLUNTEERS
2022-2023 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Tuesday, Sept 6 6:00-9:00 p.m. Core Ritchie, 445 14 Avenue
Thursday, Sept 8 6:00-9:00 p.m. Core Ritchie, 445 14 Avenue
Please note the following important information:
A blank registration form is attached to the right of this information. All athletes will be required to fill out a complete Registration form this year. Registration and medical forms will be available for your completion on your choice of registration dates. To save yourself time, where possible, print and fill out the form before coming to one of the
two registration nights.
We welcome new athletes and volunteers (for both regular and youth programs) to register at either of the two
registration sessions. Please pass this information on to anyone you know who may be interested in registering with Special Olympics Saskatchewan – Regina.
Please ensure that you bring the following information and documentation with you:
Contact information (including ‘best contact’ information):
□ Home address
□ Home Phone Number
□ Emergency Contact (daytime, evening, and cell phone numbers)
□ Alternate Contact (daytime, evening, and cell phone numbers)
□ Cell Phone Number
□ Email address
□ Health Card Number
□ Special dietary requirements and/or concerns
□ Other essential medical information (e.g., medications, allergies, conditions that may require
□ Please note: If an athlete has Down Syndrome, Special Olympics Saskatchewan requires a copy of an Atlantoaxial Instability Report from a physician that states the date and result of the instability X-ray. The results, along with the physician’s signature, must be included with the original registration form before the athlete may be permitted to participate in training. Special Olympics Saskatchewan will contact you if one is required.
□ If the athlete has Down Syndrome and has tested positive for Atlantoaxial Instability, the athlete cannot participate in Soccer, High-Jump, Pentathlon, Swimming (NOTE: only the butterfly stroke and/or diving starts are prohibited.), Gymnastics, Alpine Skiing, Floor Hockey, or Equestrian without a copy of the X-ray results accompanied by a letter from a licensed medical professional stating that the associated risks have been explained to the athlete and parent/guardian/caregiver, as well as, a letter from the athlete’s parents or caregivers that acknowledge and accept the associated risks (Special Olympics Saskatchewan Policy Manual).
Special Information for Volunteers
▪ PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER ON AN ANNUAL BASIS. We encourage all the volunteers to register online after Sept 12 (Link to online portal)
▪ Those who decide to register in person please choose one of the two registration dates. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ ALL VOLUNTEERS 16 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER MUST SUBMIT A CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK with the registration form. Volunteers under the age of 16 years are not required to provide a Criminal Record Check. Volunteers who have submitted a CRC after Oct 15, 2020, are not required to submit a CRC during this registration period.
▪ Volunteer registration forms will not be processed if the forms are incomplete, unsigned, or missing the
accompanying Criminal Record Check (where applicable). Volunteers are not covered under Special
Olympics Canada insurance or afforded any of the rights and responsibilities associated with Special
Olympics Saskatchewan – Regina membership until all documentation is complete.
Registration Fee Information:
▪ All fees are due at the time of registration (bingo points, cash, cheque payable to Special Olympics Regina or e-transfer to email@example.com). When you are sending an e-transfer, there will be no password needed. What we will require is for you to put the name of the athlete. One transaction per athlete.
▪ See attached program information.
- Special Olympics Regina Fee (applicable to all athletes except for youth program athletes and lifetime members) – $25.00
- Sports Registration Fee – All sports except Alpine Skiing, Figure Skating, Speed Skating
*Note: There is a change to collecting the bowling fees (see attached) – $45.00
- Sports Registration Fee – Alpine Skiing, Figure Skating, Speed Skating – $70.00
Unable to attend any of the registration sessions or you have any questions or concerns?
▪ Contact Special Olympics Regina at firstname.lastname@example.org